Monday, February 4, 2013

I‘m a good sport but some things are beyond me.




I am pretty willing to try anything that is considered a national delicacy. The above however, was something I just could not handle. It may look pretty innocuous,  but it was not. When I walked into the kitchen I was asked to stir a pale brown liquid whilst it thickened. When I asked what was in it, my host said he didn't know, the women made it. Next he cut some old, stale bread into small chunks and threw it into the liquid. It quickly became mush. When it was piping hot it was sprinkled with cheese (which was very nice) and hot oil was poured on top. Hot, wet, oily bread. 

Bread should never be wet, the only exceptions being: 
  • Bread and butter pudding
  • In the pre-cooking stages of French toast
  • If your at a Supra and there is no napkins and you have to wipe your hands on bread instead


No comments:

Post a Comment